The Cabinet commended the announcement made by the United Nations Special Envoy for Yemen, Hans Grundberg, to extend the armistice period in the Republic of Yemen for two additional months, per the terms of the basic agreement that went into effect on 02 April 2021. This is in line with the initiative announced by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in March 2021 to end the Yemeni crisis through a comprehensive peace settlement. The Cabinet expressed its hope that this will contribute to a peaceful solution that will bring stability.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting with the following outcomes:
The approval of the following memorandums:
1. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a draft decision to establish the National Taskforce to Combat Communicable Diseases, which aims to support efforts to combat and prevent such diseases.
2. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding a Draft Decision to restructure the National Committee of World Trade Organization, which is concerned with analysing international trade agreements and examining their compatibility with national legislation.
3. A memorandum by the Minister of Finance and National Economy regarding granting the Swiss Confederation the right of sovereignty over the data of Swiss subscribers stored in existing cloud computing centres in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
4. A memorandum by the Minister of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning regarding the implementation of the Kingdom of Bahrain’s afforestation plan, in line with Bahrain’s commitments to the goals of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
5. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to a draft law submitted by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet took note of ministerial reports regarding Bahrain’s participation in; the 152nd session of the GCC Ministerial Council, the final week of the World Summit on the Information Society, the 75th World Health Assembly, and the 151st session of the Executive Boards of the World Health Organization.